Peanut butter Muffins
Peanut butter simply ground peanuts with a little salt and is therefore an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids, zinc, protein and fibre. If you have a weakness for peanut butter, these wont last long!
Makes 10 muffins
100g (4 oz) crunchy peanut butter
100g(4 oz) honey
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
225g (8oz) half wholemeal, half white self raising flour 3-4 tbsp (45-60 ml) milk
25 g (1 oz) plain peanuts
- Combine peanut butter and honey
- Add eggs, vanilla essence, flour and milk.
- Spoon into 10 non stick bun tins.
- Press a few peanuts on top of each muffin
- Bake at 190 degrees C/ 375 Degrees F/ Gas mark 5 for 25minutes
Nutritional information per muffin
- Calories 192kCal
- protein = 7.1g;
- Carbohydrates = 24 g;
- fat = 8.2g; Fibre = 2.2g
Makes 8 bars
4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
4 tbsp honey
225g (8 oz) oats
50 g (2 oz) raisins
1 tbsp wholemeal flour
- Melt peanut butter and honey in a saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Press into non stick baking tin 23 cm x 15 cm approximately
- Bake at 190 degrees C/ 375 degrees F/ Gas mark 5 for 15 minutes
- Cut into 8 bars Enjoy!
Nutritional information (per bar)
Calories = 203kcals
- protein = 5.8g;
- Carbohydrates = 32 g;
- fat = 6.5 g:
- fibre = 2.7g
For more information on health and fitness contact me direct.
Stay Healthy stay fit!
Looking for a fitness boost or need Direction? Struggling to get motivated ? Struggling to shift those extra pounds?
Look no further and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org